Propane tank size selection is fairly straight forward in both residential and commercial applications.
We will recommend a propane tank size that is appropriate for your application. With over 25 years of experience we can ensure that you will have an adequate amount of propane for your residential or commercial needs.
You can see below some of the Tank Sizes and Sizing Factors we use.
TANK SIZEsThere are many factors that go into choosing the size tank most suited to your needs. Propane users have a constant load on their system, meaning there is propane being used throughout the year, regardless of the outside temperature. For example, you may cook with propane in your home. You also may use propane to heat your water. These two examples are temperature independent, and don’t necessarily contribute much to the overall amount of propane used during the year, especially if we experience a cold winter. The Sizing Factors Listed below are some considerations which go into determining propane tank size.
- – 250 gallon
- – 500 gallon
- – 1000 gallon
Underground and above ground propane tanks are available in all sizes.
- • Square footage of house
- • Number of heaters, water heaters, etc. using propane
- • Size of heaters, appliances, etc. (BTU Rating)
- • Presence of pool heater or hot tub on propane
- • Quality of insulation
- • Interest in supply protection
COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL
- • Usage purpose
- • Heating for large warehouse or area
- • Forklift or fleet refueling
- • Commercial Kitchen
- • Propane Resale
- • Temporary propane tank placement